F.I. BASKETBALL TOURNAMENT
RULES AND REGULATIONS
- The tournament will run the last 3 weekends of the Summer and conclude with the playoffs and championship game which will be held Labor Day weekend.
- All players are placed on teams selection meeting held prior to the start of the tournament. You enter as an individual, not as a team.
- The schedule of dates and times of each game is on the main tournament page.
- Weather permiting, Saturday and Sunday games are played on the court behind the school. Friday evenings, and when it is raining, the games are played in the school gym.
- Each game will be officiated by 2 referees.
- All team members MUST play in all games scheduled unless prior notification of an absence is given to tournament officials.
- The top 6 teams will advance to the playoffs.
- The top two seeds will get a bye until the Semi-Finals.
- Each roster will contain at least 8 players.
- Each roster member will get a team jersey.
- Each team member MUST play at least 8 minutes per half with a minimum of 4 minutes at a time; If not there will be a technical foul called against your team; the opposing team will receive 2 free throws for each player that does not meet these requirements.
- The team captain will be responsible for player time allocations.
General Rules - Indoors:
- 4 12-minute quarters; running time until two minutes remain in each half; The clock will stop for free throws during the playoff games.
- Overtime will last 5 minutes (running time until last minute); each subsequent overtime will last 3 minute (running time until last minute); each team is awarded one additional time-out per overtime period.
- Teams are permitted 2 time-outs per half; time-outs do not carry over from the 1st half to the 2nd, but do carry over from the 2nd half to overtime; Time-outs may be called from the bench.
- There is a 30-second shot clock to shoot the ball at all times; failure to do so will result in a turnover.
- Teams shoot 1-and-1 on the 7th team foul and 2 shots on the 10th team foul and all fouls thereafter for each half.
- Players are disqualified on their 5th personal foul.
- Zone defense will be permitted in the first half. Only man-to-man defense is allowed in the second half; You canít trap any person without the ball. Penalty for illegal defense in second half after a warning is 1 foul shot for each offense.
- Players on the lane during foul shots, may step off on the release by the shooter; The shooter must wait until the ball makes contact with the rim before stepping off the line.
- No jewlery or hats may be worn, bandanas that are the same color as your team may be worn.
Unsportsmanlike Behavior and Fighting:
- All games are 4 on 4.
- 4 12-minute quarters; running time until two minutes remain in each half.
- The back court line is the foul line (extended) of the basket your team is defending.
- A ball that hits any gym equipment hanging from the ceiling is considered a dead ball, therefore a turnover.
- The side lines and end lines are the yellow end lines painted on the floor.
General Rules - Championship Game:
- The use of profanity, vulgarity, taunting and the verbal abuse of players and officials will not be tolerated.
- Any such incidents will be penalized with a 2 shot technical foul; there is no loss of possession on un-sportsmanship technicals; repeated conduct will result in an immediate ejection and be subject to further disciplinary action.
- Any player that receives two technical fouls in any game will be disqualified.
- Any inappropriate contact after the whistle will result in an immediate ejection from the game; maybe from the tournament as well and your team will get a double technical foul.
The Championship Game will be played under the same rules as usual with the following exceptions:
Two Team Tie-Breaker:
- The championship game will be played under modified NBA RULES
- 4 12-minute quarters.
- The clock stops on every whistle.
- The clock will stop on made baskets ONLY in the 4th quarter.
- Players are disqualified on the 6th personal foul.
- Teams are awarded 1-and-1 on the 5th team foul and 2 shots on the 7th team foul of each quarter.
- Each team is allowed 4 full timeouts and two :30 second timeouts per game.
Three or More Teams Tie-Breakers:
- Record head to head.
(if only two teams remained tied at any point, use the two team tie-breaker)
THE COST OF THIS TOURNAMENT WILL BE $135 PER PERSON. THIS INCLUDES THE USE OF THE GYM, INSURANCE, SHIRT, TROPHIES & REFEREES.
- Record head to head among tied teams.
- Record against 1st place team (if applicable)
- Record against teams already qualified for playoffs.
- Highest point differential between points scored and points allowed in all games.
To find all team information including statistics for all games, logon to www.fireislandbasketball.com.
E-MAIL at email@example.com
Produced by BNB